Give the life-changing gift of improved literacy
Imagine not being able to fill out a medical history form, or write your resume. Imagine not being able to understand a hazardous material warning, or read a restaurant menu or road sign.
|Now imagine believing that you can do those things, then actually learning to do them. That's how WE help. But how can YOU help? By making a donation.
PLEASE READ HERE FOR OUR CASE FOR SUPPORT IN PDF
Even a little goes a long way.
- A single workbook for an adult literacy student costs about $25.
- A tutor teaching manual costs about $30.
- About $75 pays for the preparation of a custom lesson plan geared to a student's personal goals.
- A series of student books (workbook, vocabulary book, puzzle book, reader, skills check-up booklet) costs between $100 and $125.
- A print run of 200 posters that show low-level readers how we can help them costs about $250.
There are lots of easy ways make a donation:
- Donate on-line using your credit card, through Canadahelps.org. It's secure and convenient, and you can choose to make a one-time or monthly contribution. See the Donate Now button above.
- Become a member of the Oakville Literacy Council. For a donation of at least $40 per year, you can stay in touch with us and vote at our Annual General Meeting. Sign up online now! or fill out this membership form and mail it to us with your cheque.
- Honour a book-lover or literacy advocate in memoriam.
- Raise funds for the Council through school or workplace events. Donate the proceeds from your book club's fundraising activities. Raise funds for literacy through a golf tournament or other sporting event.
- Donate "in-kind." Perhaps you have something we could use, such as office supplies, professional services, or space for small groups to meet. Try us!
The Oakville Literacy Council is a registered Canadian charity (890910565RR0001). We issue tax receipts for donations of $10 or more.
Help us in our commitment to tackling low literacy, the source of so many kinds of social and economic problems in our community. We are helping real people by providing proven, sustainable solutions that promote self-reliance and lifelong learning.
Thank you very much. We will use your donation wisely.